Saturday, August 12, 2006

living water

I'm back! I spent the last week camping with my family, and we were able to see a variety of God's creation, including a black bear!

We camped at two different locations, and both times were able to be close to a water feature. We actually spent two nights next to this waterfall.



All that water reminded me of when Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman.

John 4:10, 13-14

"Jesus answered and said to her, 'If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.' "

"Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

2 comments:

Wholesome Works said...

Sounds like you had a good time camping. Wow, a black bear! Very neat.

There's nothing like being surrounded by natural life, not listening to man and his devices, but to God's creation and considering the One who made it all.

I love the waterfall picture, and the verse was an excellent choice for an accompaniment.

Jesus gave us living water. Like His creation, that thought leaves me in awe of Him.

Zachary

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Welcome back! It sounds like fun. I remember going camping in an area with bears, but we didn't see any. I did enjoy coming across a deer though.

Nice verse for your picture. God is so good!