Thursday, February 09, 2006

a passage meant for me


The other night I randomly opened my Bible and read John 14:19-31. It's long, but certain passages just jumped out at me. Even though I've read the Bible through more than once, these verses seemed new to me.

"A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also."-John 14:19

For a long time now I've tried to verbalize this idea in my head--that I am eternally grateful to God simply for creating me. "Because I live, you live also." Thank you for living, God. Thank you for being there. Not only am I thankful that my sins have been forgiven, or that I will spend eternity in heaven, but also I am thankful to God for being God.

"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' "-John 14:28

Jesus is coming back. That's a promise. I should not be afraid because Jesus has promised he won't leave me here, he'll be back.

"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name."-Psalm 63:3-4

No comments: