Thursday, September 21, 2006

bride of Christ

I find myself compelled to return to the bride of Christ analogy. While sitting in my general psychology class, something suddenly occured to me.

The character qualities I'm looking for in a husband are ones that Christ already exemplifies.

I want a man who would be willing to die for me.
One Man, Christ, already did.

I want a man to protect me. I want someone who won't desert me.
Jesus is the ultimate protector. He will never leave me nor forsake me.

I want a man to spend the rest of my life with.
I already know who I want to spend eternity with.

Christ is my bridegroom.


Psalm 34:8-10
"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints! There is no want to those who fear Him. The young lions lack and suffer hunger; but those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing."

2 comments:

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Good thoughts. We are all to be more like Jesus, and He is the perfect Bridegroom.

Anonymous said...

Amen. Very good thoughts!

In Christ,
Your new reader-
~Katherine